together we can
provide a brighter future for underprivileged adolescents
WHO WE ARE
A one-of-a-kind home for disadvantaged university students in Mazatlán, Mexico
Mexico ranks 29th highest out of 170 countries by percentage of populations living below the poverty line at 46%, a great many of which are children. There is an urgent need in Mazatlán, Mexico to help children become independent, responsible, accountable and employable as they transition to adulthood.
Our goal is to play a part in breaking the cycle that perpetuates poverty by helping disadvantaged adolescents to become self-sufficient and successful adults
“To provide a brighter future through loving care, spirituality and quality education for underprivileged adolescents, so that they reach their full potential.”
”A Mazatlán where adolescents are given the opportunity to grow into self-sufficient adults.”
Honesty – be true to yourself and others.
Empathy – care for your fellow human being.
Achievement – do everything to the best of your abilities to achieve your goals.
Respect – respect yourself, those around you and property.
Thought – think before acting, plan.
WHAT WE DO
We target boys and girls who typically come from Mazatlán families who cannot afford to support them. Some do not have parents and are being cared for by family members with limited resources. The adolescents have completed high school and are “graduates” from other existing children’s homes who wish to further their personal growth and education.
• Execute contracts – adolescents agree to adhere to the rules and values of the home and to successfully complete their education.
• Part time work – youngsters help contribute to educational costs and have “skin in the game.”
• Personal development plans – cater to a few career options for each student,
• Teach independence and responsibility.
• Spiritual activities – will be encouraged both within the home and outside.
• Fundación Lansdown A.C. – operates the home including support from a psychologist
and social worker.